A more relaxed day today ... reading time at the pool or in the room, beginning to plan out how to use up our various savory leftovers. We have enough sourdough for breakfasts and plenty of food for lunches and dinners. Time to soak up as much sun as possible!
I took a dip in the soaking pool on our balcony, after all SOMEONE had to experience it! It wakes up every morning around 9:30 with an impressive series of burps and gulps, and clearly it's been lonely to date. The temperature was quite pleasant, and it was deep enough to float in if I'd been inclined. My major problem is that I'm just not wired to sit still and do nothing ... so I had brought along a magazine to read. The design of this small pool has the water flowing gently over the sides to be recirculated. So one puts a hand down for stable descent into the water ... and suddenly a magazine isn't such a bright idea. Ah, well, I can say I tried.
AND I can say that I got my bathing suit wet! We've enjoyed our lazy mornings, but I'm no sun worshiper and have avoided the many reflections in the pool area. So now I've participated, at least in a minor way. PHEW!
Nibbling and noshing our way through lunch, we did leave room for a one-pot Mexican dinner with rice, corn and chorizo. More reading (including, naturally, email and Facebook...) and another good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment